OblivionRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oblivion Ragnarok Online Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gm Phoenix
Gm Phoenix

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-05

The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO Empty
PostSubject: The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO   The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:24 am

~Welcome to the Reporting Form in OblivionRO~

This topic will teach you how to report an illegal activity that is happening. It is TOTALLY RECOMMENDED for you to report anything suspicious so that we can make this server a safe environment for players such as your selves.

Onto business.

How to report?
Find any illegal situation that is currently happening, press the Prt Scr/SysRq which would be near the top of the keyboard, open PAINT press ctr+v, save the image. Go to your net browser, go to either PHOTOBUCKET (which requires an account to upload photos) or the most preferred way IMAGESHACK.us . Browse and select the image you wish to upload and make sure its set to 1024 x 768 or around that resolution. We would want to know what we are looking at very clearly. Click host it or upload and wait until you have the file uploaded. Copy the images url, normally found somewhere in the boxes in the screen. Paste it on a new topic IN the reporting section, press post new topic, and wait for the magic to appear.

FOLLOW THIS FORMAT:

Name of the accused(s): <insert name>
Reason: <insert the reason for this accusation/report>
Proof:

<insert the image(s) you want to show us>
<if you like, add some extra notes of the person(s) being reported>

Note: If one person already reported the person you were going to report, do not report. It would look really stupid having two topics with the same person to report. It could also lead to a warning.

There are several things you are too look out for. Scamming, the use of illegal programs such as bots and macro, offensive language to an extent that it really is offensive, duplicates of items [aka dupes] such as billions of copies of a Thanatos Card, flooders, the all time favourite PHP [aka load], account trading, impersonators, Names (please read the description down below) and perhaps many many more.

Here is what they mean.

Scamming
This happens alot, majority of them happen on nb players. It pretty much says for it self. For example:

Kitty: Hey hey you you, i'll trade you 500 million coins for your thanatos card.
Phoenix: The Pancake Shop no
Kitty: Pretty please?
Phoenix: Offer plox.
Kitty: 1billion mythril coins
Phoenix: Sweet Jesus
Kitty: Deal?
Phoenix: Deal.
Kitty wants to deal with you
( I inserted the thanatos card onto the trading box while she puts in 1 million mythril coins without me knowing )
You have successfully traded with Kitty.
Kitty: Bye
Phoenix: Hey wtf?! Come back here you **** !!! (Note: Please dont swear. Thank you )

If this ever situation or a similiar one happens to you, please report it. We cannot replace the items you have lost but we can get that person who scammed you BANNED for doing such a crime.

Bots and Macro
Something everyone should hate. Both are used by using an program to enhance a characters abilities and whatnot.

Using a bot means basically using a character on auto-run while you don't do anything. Such a situation is a character you see is attacking monsters and auto looting their loot. When you talk to them, they will continue to attack and ignore you. When you attack them, they don't fight back unless they are using a bot that when attacked, the program automatically uses a fly wing or whatnot to get out of that area and into somewhere else. Catching bots are not easy and takes patience to determine if one is a bot or not. It is also very hard to explain what an actual bot is until you encounter one for yourself. The best solution is to keep bugging them by using the FLOOD technique. And if they don't respond, report them. We all know being a flooder is againts the rules but for these situations it is allowed, but whisper it to them. We don't want people to report you as a flooder. Such an example is:

(Adrian talking to Krayzee)

Adiran: Hey are you a bot?
Adrian: Hey are you a bot?
( Adrian attacks krayzee)
( Krayzee disappears after several hits from my ACID DEMONSTRATION. This means he was using a fly wing. )

Take a screen shot of his name after flooding his text box, then do whatever you want to him. Killing is an option, to me that is.

For macro, its a program to enhance your characters ability like to the max. Like using Asura Strike about 100 times in a mili second which would really lag out the entire server. Also attacks that pwn people in like 1 hit. That is abit too far fetched. Only people who can kill 1 hit are GMs with zeh all holy nuking power! So if you ever find anyone who's abilities or skills are being misused or looks way too abnormal, tell them to stop. If they do not, take a screen shot of their name and report.

Offensive Language
Okay its pretty much self explanatory. Report those who says terrible things about the game, the GM team, and you and the people around you. And please, DO NOT REPORT THINGS LIKE "THIS GUY CALLED ME A nb AND IM BALLING MY EYES OUT". Bare the pain kid, no bodys perfect.

Duplicates
This is what we do not want happening in this server. Duplicates are... well duplicates of items in the game. For an example, if you see like 4238975034257893457937905869407698476940768934 copies of an item, lets say an event item, Please Report them. We will delete those items and ban those people.

Flooders
Perhaps the most annoying one to report. This is when a person repeats what he says over and over and over none stop. When you see such person, please tell them to stop. We absolutely do not want such people in this server. Such a situation is...

Adrian: I will not abide by the rules! I love Karen! Go to The Pancake Shop mommy! (blah blah)
Adrian: I will not abide by the rules! I love Karen! Go to The Pancake Shop mommy! (blah blah)
Kitty: Hey hey you you please stop.
Kitty: I warn you please stop.
Kitty: Reported

This is just an EXAMPLE. If you find these people and you told them to stop and they are not, well take several screenshots of the situation and report.

PHP/LOAD
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the Philippine Peso. Alot of servers are asian made and you would likely find filipino's there. The whole concept is, trading real money for items in the game. Ways to finding this scam is by looking for key words such as LOAD or PHP. Load and PHP means the same thing. This happens in alot of scamming situations. If a person starts offering real money for items in the game, REPORT IMMEDIATELY. Even if you see see them put on a shop with the word PHP or LOAD, report right away with a screen shot of their name, and if they are using a shop, report the shop name for verification.

Account Trading
Very self explanatory. The way it works is one person decides to sell one account for another. Anyone caught doing this gets an immediate ban. Anyways, if a person starts to offer you his account or for yours, tell them no. Take a screen shot of their names and walk away.

Impersonators and Hacking
Please watch out for this.

Impersonators like to... well impersonate, especially famous people. Such people are GM's in the server. Those people would start using the GM's names as their own. For an example:

GM Sphere (the real one) compared to a wanabe gm called GM Shpere (an obvious fake)
GM Adrian (the real one) compared to a wanabe gm called GM Flame (another fake)

These examples are obviously really retarted but you should get the idea.

A way to spot out fake GMs, look for specific points. Such as:

* Do the GM normally looks like that?
* Does that GM treat others well like he or she are supposed to?
* Is that GM acting abit strange?
* Why is he not wearing his usual god like wings?
* Blah blah blah
* Using basic instincts, try to determine if he or she is an actual GM or not

Use common sense please before reporting, you might report an actual GM.

Other things to look out for is when people with fake GM names whispers to you about items, which leads to hacking and scams. Such a situation is:

-example of impersonating and hacking- ( and FOR HEAVENS SAKE PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THESE SCAMS )
(the fake hein ohmy.gif whispering to an innocent kid)
GM Sphere: Hey kid
Innocent kid: Omg its Spehere whispering to me! Oh my i feel special
Gm Sphere: Course you are. Now listen, give me your rares and i will give you godlike items.
Gm Sphere: Just give me your username and password and in about 5min you will get the most godlike items in this game.
Innocent kid: Really? okay!! YAY
Innocent kid: User: iamsuchanbpleasebanme pass:banmealreadygawd
GM Sphere: Wait for 5 min.
( GM Sphere logs off, logs onto Innocent kids account, steals the goods, runs off )

You would very much likely learn your lesson if you fall for this scam. So for an advice, when you see a person who wants your password or username, please report them immediately.

*Names*
Yes, names. But not just any names. But really stupid ones. Such as lllllllll . This is a combination of both L's and I's. This makes it difficult for people to report the person when there name is all messed up. It would be really hard to determine which letter is which. These names are normally used when rule breakers do not want to get caught, but people can obviously see them. Don't fret. Take a screen shot of the person and report it. Even though its hard to know which is an L and an I but here is one thing. WE WILL FIND YOU, KILL YOU, RESURECT YOU, THEN KILL YOU AGAIN. THEN BAN YOU.

Other Illegal/Mischievous Activities
If you find any other activities that does not follow the rules, you may freely report that person. If by any chance you report an innocent bystander, you will be warned.

Important Notes
When reporting, do not and we repeat do not want false accusations. Make sure what you are reporting is legit and worthy of being reported. Please do not make duplicates of the same topics to attract a GMs attention. That will annoy us and you would result in a warn.

Quote :
OblivionRO Gm Team's lol!
Back to top Go down
nautotsasa
Monk
Monk
nautotsasa

Number of posts : 95
Job/Hobbies : Tennis Player,Playing Tennis
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO   The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:58 am

Ok Thanks for this guide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/princeoftennis
iksyaj
Battle-Monk
Battle-Monk
iksyaj

Number of posts : 131
Job/Hobbies : playing computer games & basketball
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO   The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:31 pm

two thumbs up ^^v cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.msn.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO   The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Form for Reporting in OblivionRO
Page 1 of 1